Few things are more disappointing than flatting or getting a mechanical that puts you out of the event you’ve spent so long preparing for. The Cervélo Belgian Waffle Ride is definitely a long event that can put you at risk for a disappointment like that. Here’s our recommended guide for your event-day saddle bag (and those course previews like the Belgian Waffle Ride Survival Camp):
- Arundel Dual seat bag.
- Multi tool, One with a 2.5mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and a chain tool, this on includes spoke wrenches too.
- TWO tubes
- TWO Co2 with an inflator that does not have moving parts. A mini pump is always a safe bet.
- Glueless patches
- Rear derailer hanger for your bike
- Replacement pin and links for a chain (SRAM/ Shimano)
- Tire lever
- Presta/ Schrader adapter
- Two tire boots (cut a 3″ section of an old tire, remove sidewall bead)
- Spoke tool- if no included in the multi tool
To answer the question you are thinking…Yes, all this fits in that bag! With these items, you’ll likely never get caught out in the middle of no-where.
Check out some of our other articles on Gravel Riding and Racing.