Taylor Warren, BSED
Taylor’s journey into the world of bikes started back in 2009 when he would join his dad once a week to cross train on the West Orange bike path in Orlando, Florida. After competing in the local time trial series, cycling quickly blossomed into a full-time passion and it was game over for all other sports: Taylor was a bike racer in the lifelong pursuit of speed, health and finding the never-ending limit of human performance.
In 2015, Taylor earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science with a focus in Sports Medicine at Colorado State University while competing in collegiate racing on the road and track, rising to the rank as Category-1 racer in both disciplines. As part of his education, he worked in labs performing physiological testing and assessments for athletes of all abilities. Taylor’s expertise in physiology transformed his passion for racing into learning how to apply the science in everyday training for the human body's optimal performance, and quickly led him to coaching others.
After graduating school, Taylor raced professionally on the road with the Colorado-based team, the 303 Project. Racing with the 303 Project provided invaluable experiences that Taylor brings to the table with the athletes he coaches. While training and racing full time, Taylor honed his coaching craft working one-on-one with athletes on the road, track, cyclocross racers and mountain bikers.
Today, Taylor calls San Diego home where he works in a bike shop performing bike fits, trains to meet the demands of the US Pro Road Tour calendar, and applies the latest sports science to the athletes he coaches including himself. At the core of his coaching, Taylor believes balancing life demands with the eustress of training, while keeping the process fun, is the key to progression and a lifelong passion for health and fitness.
- BS, Exercise Science. Colorado State University 2015
- USAC Level 2 Coach Certification
- TrainingPeaks Level 1 Coach Certification
- Multiple National Championships
- Multiple Cat 2 - Cat 1 upgrades
- Tour of the Southern Highlands, stage 3: 1st
- 2x San Diego Velodrome Hour record holders
- Para Pan American Games Road Race: 4th
- 2x Para track national champion (3k pursuit/500m tt)
- Pro 1-2 Colorado State Champion Road Race and Criterium (2016)
- 5th Collegiate Nationals Omnium (2015)
- 5th Collegiate Nationals Scratch Race (2014)
- San Diego Velodrome Hour Record Holder
- Florida Junior State Road Race Champion (2010)