ADAM MILLS, MSED, RCEP
Adam earned his Bachelor’s in Exercise Science at the University of Kansas in 2003 and immediately began his coaching career at Carmichael Training Systems. He returned to the University of Kansas, completing his Master’s in Clinical Exercise Physiology in 2005. During his graduate studies, Adam was a regular on the Dean’s List, and a recipient of multiple academic scholarships.
During his studies, Adam discovered his passion for both cycling and competition, which quickly led him to the elite ranks of cycling. Adam has competed with top ranked amateur and collegiate cycling clubs since 2001. He has competed in international competition, countless NRC races, innumerable elite races, and national championships in many different disciplines of the sport.
Adam’s true talent comes as a coach with his ability to combine his vast experience with his knowledge of sport. He is indeed a student of science, sport, athletic performance, strategy, and tactics, continually educating himself by keeping up to date with current trends and methods in sport. Adam is able to incorporate these attributes to help his clients reach and exceed their goals. Adam’s clients have reached and surpassed their goals en masse. Among other accolades his clients have earned 15 national championships in 10 disciplines on two continents. He truly feels a sense of pride when his clients realize their potential.
Adam understands that, as part of the Source Endurance family, the coaching focus is on the client. He strives to help you set attainable goals, then meet those goals by using a training approach based upon your lifestyle, cutting edge science, and an unprecedented attention to detail.
Adam currently lives in San Diego, CA and works with clients targeting; gravel grinders, all road, rally, endurance/ enduro, mountain biking, road racing, criterium (crits), time trials and cyclocross.
- MSEd Clinical Exercise Physiology, University of Kansas
- BSEd Exercise Science, University of Kansas
- Registered Certified Exercise Physiologist: American College of Sports Medicine
- USAC Level 1 Coach
- Training Peaks Level 2 Coach
- 13 UCI Professional Clients
- U23 US Male Road Race Champion
- Elite Road Race Champion
- Elite Criterium Champion
- Amgen Women’s Tour of California: Most Courageous Rider: Stage 1 and 2.
- Women US PRO Individual Time Trial Championship: 7th
- 24 Hour World Time Trial Championships, Two Woman Team: Winner and Course Record
- Tour De Taiwan. Stage 2. 8th
- U23 USA Nation Team, World Road Race Championships
- U23 USA National Team, Athlete invite
- US Pro Road Tour: Clarendon Cup: Winner
- US Pro Road Tour: Crystal Cup: Winner
- Men US PRO Road Championship: 17th
- Redlands Classic: Men- 8th GC, Women- 9th GC
- Deeside Thistle TT Series, Course Record
- Dirty Kanza 200- 13th Overall
- Opal Wapoo Gravel Grinder: 1st, Overall Women
- Rock Cobbler/ Pebble Cobbler: 1st Overall Women
- The Epic: Missouri’s Premier Gravel Race: 1st Overall Men
- Missouri Cross Country Mountain Bike Championship: 1st Elite Men
- Lutsen 99er: 3rd Overall Men
- Inca Divide Challenge
- Trans Iowa
- Land Run/ Ride Double
- 13 UCI Professionals
- Tour of Utah: 5th Stage 1; 3rd Stage 2; 2nd Stage 4; 8th Stage 6
- Colorado Cycling Classic: 3rd Stage 4
- Tour of Taiwan: 5th Stage 5
- SCNCA SoCal Cup: Men Elite Champion
- San Dimas Stage Race: 1st GC
- Chico Stage Race: 1st GC; 2nd Stage 2; 2nd, 3rd Stage 3,
- Tour of Murrieta: 1st Stage 1; 1st Stage 2; 2nd GC
- 1st SPNDX Stampede
- 10th Belgian Waffle Ride
- 3rd SPNDX Stampede
2013 5th Dirty Kanza 200