Source Endurance Training Center of the Rockies hosted their second annual Spring Training Camp in Fort Collins, Colorado this past weekend. The “A” Group saw 4 days and 18 hours of riding, 355 miles and over 20,000 feet of climbing. The “B” and women’s groups were not a whole lot less!! When you get a group like this together, it’s incredibly inspiring to see riders push themselves whether it is simply physically, or whether they are learning new skills or having new experiences.
Each morning we kicked off with Matador Grill breakfast burritos and Peritus Coffee, before reviewing the route for the day, doing a dynamic warm-up and getting any needing kinesio taping done with Empower Performance Therapy, grabbing Clif Bar ride food and a Chamois Buttr sachet to go, and getting rain bags in the car.
Check out the routes that each group did. Some groups did routes on different days than the order listed below.
- Poudre stove prairie, 34: 90 miles. Relive the route.
- Carter dirt+ Rattlesnake – 83 miles. Relive the route.
- Flat north to Rist loop – 70 miles. Relive the route.
- Red Feather Lakes – 112 miles. Relive the route.
B & Women’s Routes:
- Rist Stove Prairie – 55 miles
- Poudre Stove Prairie – 67 miles
- Eden Valley Stove Prairie Rist – 66 miles
- Carter Rattlesnake – 69 miles
The women and B’s actually rode into a huge freak winter hail storm on Friday and ended up turning around and finishing up at the training center with a dialed 90 minute Kickr session to complete a solid, hard 3-hour day.
Day 4 Ladies Group!
Post ride, riders snagged recovery smoothies and were able to focus on recovery using tools from Empower Performance Therapy like Elevated Legs, foam rollers, tennis balls, and good ol’ yoga mats for stretching. Thanks to rider Kevin Osberg for brewing us up a nice citrus wheat beer to imbibe in after a solid day’s work!
We’ll be doing the camp again next spring, so keep it in mind for next year! At Source Endurance, we have two big upcoming gravel camps:
- Sub Rosa- Unpaved: 5 Riding Days near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado, July 25-29th
- Bici Italia: 7 Days of Gravel in Tuscany, Italy, August 20-27th