Nikki Peterson M.Ed.
Nikki Peterson M.Ed. was drawn into endurance sports at a young age. Starting in fifth grade, she was an avid runner. She earned an athletic scholarship at Indiana University and University of Wyoming after garnering 11 state titles in cross country and track & field. She is still the only person in Nevada’s history to win state titles in cross country and the 400m, 800m, 1600m, and 320m (‘01 and ‘02) and holds state records in the 800m (‘02) and 1600m (‘01). She graduated from University of Wyoming with a B.S. in Human Food and Nutrition. She worked in the Nutrition and Exercise lab for four years and has been published multiple times for research on vitamin D in the athletic population. She also became a Level 2 coach for USATF (United States Track and Field).
After a break from running to co-own two coffee shops for five years, Nikki found the mountain bike. Missing the competitive aspect in her life, in 2016 she jumped into a race and finished mid-pack in the Expert Category. She quickly made her way through Cat 1 (silver medal at USA Cycling National Championships in ‘16) and earned her UCI Professional License in one year. She then co-founded KS Kenda Women’s Elite MTB, which focuses on getting more women and girls on bikes by creating an inclusive and open environment with outreach in communities. At the same time, Nikki took online courses and earned her multiple subject teaching credential and M.A. in Education and Teaching.
Nikki is now the Program Coordinator for SoCal NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association). In this role she is responsible for the GRiT program (Girls Riding Together), Skills Coach Trainer program, marketing and social media, fundraising and sponsorship, among other responsibilities. She is on the Advisory Council for CAMTB (California Mountain Biking Coalition), which focuses on trail advocacy on the government level and collaboration of advocacy groups throughout the state.
Nikki believes that the key to reaching goals on the bike lies in keeping riding fun while pushing limits. She is excited to help clients reach their full potential while juggling life’s demands.
- B.S. Human Food and Nutrition (Dietetics), University of Wyoming
- CA Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Alliant International University
- M.A. Education and Teaching, Alliant International University
- Level 3 USAC Coach
- Vitamin D Status Relative to Diet, Lifestyle, Injury, and Illness in College Athletes
- Should we be concerned about the vitamin D status of athletes?
- Effect of Honey versus Sucrose on Appetite, Appetite-Regulating Hormones, and Postmeal Thermogenesis (contributing author)
- The Average Watts
- The Belgian Waffle Show
- Mobility Athlete
- Reflections From: Behind the Colors, Part 1
- Reflections From: Behind the Colors, Part 2
- This Dirt Life
- DIY Gravel, Girls Gone Gravel p/b ProKit; This hour has 42 minutes: How we make time for family, career, and bikes.
- GU FB Live: Flavors Make You Fast
- GU FB Live: Recovery Nutrition, Why Bother?